bool terrain_is_too_flat(struct tile *ptile,
 + int thill, int my_height);

This probably belongs in the tile.h file since it takes a tile parameter.
(tile_is_too_flat ?)

struct terrain *pick_terrain(enum mapgen_terrain_property target,
 + enum mapgen_terrain_property prefer,
 + enum mapgen_terrain_property avoid);

How about terrain.h for the above ?

Regarding the macros, I will change it, but a decent compiler will optimize
the extra instances away via common subexpression elimination.

I added a check for <150 players to have clustering enabled, in case the
default isn't reset. It's possible in CivIII to corner the market on a
resource with one or two carefully placed cities and force other players to
negotiate.

Does it use more server resources if the max number of players is left at 150
?

I added a check to bypass the clustering iterations if there aren't any
specified.

What about map generators as a shared library ?(or separate executable) that
can be dumped from memory once map generation is complete ?