Update of patch #6938 (project freeciv):

             Assigned to:                    None => cazfi
         Planned Release:            2.6.0, 3.0.0 => 3.0.0

Follow-up Comment #5:

I've been thinking about the S2_6 case.

- Introducing this patch series there is almost guaranteed to open up some
corner cases. That's not nice in a branch that should be stabilizing already
- I'm worried that not introducing this series might cause us some trouble
during the lifetime of S2_6. Yet, I can't say what exactly could break
- In trunk I'm about to bump minimum gtk3 version to 3.10, so that all the
converting back and forth between formats can be avoided (implementations
similar to gtk3x-client could be used). However, since S2_6 has msys1 as
windows build environment, and the currently known good gtk3 package for it is
3.8, we can't bump requirement in S2_6 -> we would be stuck with the poor
implementation.

Mainly because of the last point I'm removing S2_6 target from this.