On 16 June 2016 at 14:55, Marko Lindqvist <cazf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been thinking possibility of freeciv-2.7 between freeciv-2.6 and
> freeciv-3.0.
> The idea of such a version would be providing some of the post-2.6
> improvements
> before 3.0 as wait between freeciv-2.6 and freeciv-3.0 is likely to be long.

 One alternative to this would be that we simply release 3.0 earlier.
In practice this would mean that it, despite major version bump, would
be relatively small release. Maybe we just start thinking about
branching S3_0 with just selected additions to what we currently have
in trunk, and postpone further development to 3.1.

 The problem I want to fight against with all this are the
compatibility issues with all kind of dependencies, such as problems
supporting sdl-1.2 client too far to the future.

 - ML