"while 1" or "while FALSE" are obviously forbidden on the basis that it's not
valid C and would not compile, but otherwise the relevant general rule in our
CodingStyle is

  - Spaces are inserted before and after operators: instead of "int a,b,c;"
    use "int i, j, k;" and instead of

      if(foo<=bar){
        c=a+b;
      }

    use

      if (foo <= bar) {
        c = a + b;
      }

    Note the space between "if" and the bracket.

About the "good arguments": Note that the current CodingStyle has been
evolving to current state over 20 years - it's not some random rules, but
things that we've found out to work best for readability and maintainability,
sometimes to work best for some tools (tools with known parsing bugs or
misfeatures).