> this is quite performance critical code
The code path you're talking about is the rendering of the selected tile in
the editor dialog (3 calls). I don't think it's critical enough to deserve the
additional complexity.

>> log_error("%s ", mapview_layer_name(t->layer_order[i]));
> Accidentally included debugging code?
Hum... yes

> Some compilers needs tileset_layer_in_category() to return false after the
switch.
Out of curiosity: which ones? MSVC? Older GCC?

> Documentation
Done, quoted below. Hopefully it will be more useful than just explaining the
option...

; The map is rendered in "layers", just like any decent image editor
; supports. The setting below allows to change the layer drawing order. The
; first layer in the list will be drawn below the others; the second on top
; of it, and so on. No layer can be omitted from the list, nor can new ones
; be added.
;layer_order =
;  "Background", ; Background color (if enabled, the player color where there
;                ; are units or cities). You probably want to leave this
;                ; first.
;  "Terrain1",   ; The three terrain layers. See sections [layerN] below.
;  "Terrain2",
;  "Terrain3",
;  "Water",      ; All extras with "River" style.
;  "Roads",      ; All extras with style "RoadAllSeparate",
;                ; "RoadParityCombined" or "RoadAllCombined".
;  "Special1",   ; 1st layer for extras with style "3Layers", "Single2" or
;                ; "Single1".
;  "Grid1",      ; Grid layer for isometric tilesets.
;  "City1",      ; City and walls.
;  "Special2",   ; 2nd layer for extras with "3Layers" and "Single2" styles.
;  "Fog",        ; Fog of war (on tiles one knows but doesn't see).
;  "Unit",       ; Units except the selected one(s).
;  "Special3",   ; 3rd layer for extras with "3Layers" style, and base flags.
;  "City2",      ; City size when the city bar is disabled.
;  "Grid2",      ; Second grid layer (overhead tilesets only).
;  "Overlays",   ; Tile output sprites.
;  "TileLabel",  ; Tile labels ("Scorched spot").
;  "CityBar",    ; The city bar with name, production, food, ...
;  "FocusUnit",  ; The focused unit(s).
;  "Goto",       ; Goto turn count and intermediate points, *not* goto lines.
;  "WorkerTask", ; The unit task indicators ("G", "S", ...).
;  "Editor"      ; Editor stuff (selected tile and start points).

Btw some tilesets have DOS end of lines (alio, hexemplio, toonhex).

(file #28626)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: client-configure-layer-order-3.patch.bz2 Size:5 KB