On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 08:50:48 +0200
Jonathan Aquilina <eagles051...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was under the impression and it was an incorrect one that freecol was
> built on the oracle version of java. If its based on openjdk no concern
> here.

The FreeCol project does not require a specific Java implementation.  If
someone wants to build it on openjdk, oracle Java, or
shark-mounted-laser Java that is fine.  We do specify a minimum Java
language version, because we are primarily concerned with making code +
artwork + game resources rather than packaging.

That said, we have traditionally distributed freecol packaged for various
platforms from the website as a convenience.  The .jar files there are
built with whatever-the-release-manager-is-using Java.  When I am the
release manager that has been openjdk, because that is conveniently
installed on my main development machine.  Perhaps it was oracle Java in
the past, I do not know.  I am pretty sure we have people running our .jar
or derivatives on non-openjdk run time environments, which is good.

Cheers,
Mike Pope