Hi everyone,

I just noticed that FreeCol did not provide different bonuses for minor and
major rivers. This was fixed by multiplying the modifiers with the magnitude of
the tile improvement in commit:

https://sourceforge.net/p/freecol/git/ci/bc24fff0d82f3ea54383934b1d517e7bfe4d6437/

Another problem was that the magnitude was not being copied from the map when
creating a new game. This was fixed in commit:

https://sourceforge.net/p/freecol/git/ci/616c814bb8de7cec7015f53fb7b9ca4abbf65d5b/

Please note that old maps already have the information about the correct
magnitude, but not old savegames (where all rivers are minor even when
displayed otherwise).

> [Blake,
> https://sourceforge.net/p/freecol/discussion/141200/thread/ac53d93ed5/?limit=25#fb5d
>  ]
> But yes the possibility of a completely different river
> system breaking all the existing maps is a concern.
>
> Up until recently there were still some old maps by
> Gilolat with broken river graphics caused by the last
> river system change a decade or so ago. However
> I think I went in and manually fixed them in the editor
> when I did the big map overhaul a year or so ago.

Having all connections automatically being determined will work for all maps --
and would even fix old maps where the river style is missing. However, existing
maps with two adjacent parallel rivers would have connections between every
tile.

I will keep the river styles for connectivity for now ... so you can have
adjacent rivers not being connected. The other possibilities, like having a
minor river graphics connecting two adjacent major rivers does not seem to make
much sense to me.

However, I will postpone updating/removing the river options in the map editor
toolbox -- so that we can experiment/discuss this further.

The new rivers have been pushed to master:
https://sourceforge.net/p/freecol/git/ci/d0bdf0730be8448f75b040f83927bc3bb1301d17/

Best wishes,
Stian Grenborgen