Hello Johnson,

JL> I've tried to replace HIMEM64C/EMM38664 instead of FDXXMS/UMBPCI and
JL> during test I crash the PC with following configuration:

JL> device=c:\freedos\emm38664.exe
JL> devicehigh=c:\freedos\udma.sys (ver 6.8, loading low this can pass)

The problem here is, that loading UDMA high in a EMM386 environment
requires VDS support, because UDMA passes a command block to the DMA
chip, and needs physical adresses to do that (instead of logicals)
I didn't check, if the required VDS subfunctions, that are used by
UDMA, are implemented by EMM386(64)

try
  device=c:\freedos\emm38664.exe VDS

VDS support is disabled by default, because it's implementation is
a) incomplete
b) very little tested.
c) currently causes more trouble then it solves.

if that works - fine.
if not, load UDMA low.

tom