Hi,

Tested Imre Leber's dosfsck(8) 2.10 port for DOS (at http://users.pandora.be/imre/FreeDOS/) and it works for me on most disks, except on diskettes (hangs up until the diskette is removed, then says "Read 32 bytes at nnnnn:No Error") and on large FAT32 drives (says "Seek to nnnnnnnnnnn:No Error"). I don't know why it hangs on diskettes but perhaps the reason why it doesn't work for large FAT32 drives is a "long long" (64-bit integer) type issue in real DOS?! In any case the "No Error" message probably means that errno is zero on some error. Perhaps errno isn't set correctly then?

Ok i looked at the problem at it seems that i forgot to include an include file. Because of that some unsigned long long was probably truncated to an int.

The "No Error" message is indead due to errno. The problem is that DOSFSCK no longer uses standard C functions to read/write from disk, so errno is never set. Also fixed a problem with writing if you used the -w option. So please take the latest version of DOSFSCK.

You can find a new version at:

http://users.pandora.be/imre/FreeDOS/dosfscka.zip

Can you try again, please?

By the way, excuse my ignorance, but does the chkdsk 0.31 at the same place support FAT32 or LFN?

FAT32: no, LFN: yes

Lucho

Imre