>> I argued that coexistence of data, stub and and header is "mere
>> aggregation", just like combining files in a ZIP file or in a diskette.

SK> No, because you "modify" the GPL'ed Program prior distribution and not
SK> by-pack it.
SK> That's why I assume that an un-aPack'er would solve the problem - you then
SK> introduce aPack as an archiver, which is entitled to by unarchived by the
SK> user.

Here comes the fun part:

Both EMM386 and HIMEM(64) are (currently) released under GPL.

I distribute them in compressed form - and will continue to do so.

So *I* may distribute it in any form *I* like.

According to GPL, *YOU* may not ditribute this, because the source of
the exepacker stub isn't available.

So all instances of EMM386*.ZIP may no longer be distributed by *YOU*,
as this clearly violates GPL.

Please remove EMM386*.zip, and the compressed EMM386*.EXE, HIMEM*.EXE
from all distributions, are you are not allowed to distribute it.

Sure - I allow you to distribute it, but you are still not allowed to
distribute it because of GPL.

Before someone asks - the exepackers/runtime stub is not available to
you.

:))

tom