Hi!

25-Фев-2004 08:47 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Luchezar Georgiev) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

>>      _Not_ agreed - many distributives contains similar files (readme,
>> what.new, etc.), so MAN should be also "splited".
LG> It's better if the directory tree is as simple as possible, but not simpler.
LG> "WHAT's NEW" files can be renamed to <PROJECT>.NEW, and README files can be
LG> renamed to <PROJECT>.1ST, for example.

     Not funny. Firstly, this is hard to navigate:

attrib.1st
copy.1st
move.1st
attrib.me
copy.me
move.me
attrib.hst
copy.hst
move.hst

This is only small example of anarchy. Also, don't forget, that there may be
also other files. For example. ATTRIB and (my) MEM contains plans.txt and
files.lst, CuteMouse contains files.lst, int10.lst, int33.lst, technote.txt,
protocol.txt, etc. How to handle them?

LG> Otherwise it just becomes a jungle of
LG> subdirectories and very tedious to browse, in my opinion.

     Sometime this is better than jungle of many dozen files.