Hi Eric,

> > 5. M$ Windows DOS box         sychronize data not
> work
> > as Intra Application Communication Area 40:F0
> modified
>
> You did WHAT? Why that? This sounds very
> incompatible to
> whatever future extension to BIOS data area might
> show up.
> How can I disable it?
>
>             iaca(0L);
>                    iaca(offset);
>
> Looks like you use it for something before a
> spawnlp() only:
> PLEASE use only command line options to tell child
> processes
> about things. No black magic please.

Memory area 40:F0..FF is documented in RBIL,HELPPC and
many books for such purpose. No magic.
Besides, can C compiler take NULLs \x0 as part of a
parameter string?
Does M$ Windows have a sole legitimate right to use
the IACA?

> And as suggested earlier: Why don't you transform
> the PLUGINs
> into code which is part of the PG binary?

1. PLUGINs works with PG, no adverse effect.
2. PLUGINs works as stand alone program too.
3. PLUGINs are easilier to debug and enhance.
4. PLUGINs, as in version 1.10, outpreformed others by
synchronizing data.
5. All in one program takes up more resources.
6. I prefer modularization

> Thanks.
>
> Eric.
>
> > www.geocities.com/freedos_pg
>
> PS: pg w/o options "hangs" (waits for stdin data to
> paginate): you can use
> isatty(0) to detect stdin being not a pipe to avoid
> that problem.
> If I ^Z before typing anything, PG will even crash
> instead of paginating
> the text from stdin.

I did not expect that, this is a good start for my
successor.

> Why does PG contain a blacklist which makes it
> refuse to open bin com dll drv
> exe obj sys vxd zip??? Please let the user override
> that. There are other
> non-ASCII file formats, but a good text viewer
> should not be scared by binary
> data and let the user display it anyway.

PG is a text file browser, as defined in its document,
not a universal file browser.

regards,
BAHCL