Hi folks,

Following up on the discussion before christmas about
adding zip support to htmlhelp:

I finally settled on using ZLIB, which has a
semi-official side project called "MINIZIP". This is
the real zip format but with some of the older
compression algorithms left unimplemented, such as the
proprietry algorithms. I also #ifdef-ed away the
encryption support.

These features would be bad for transparency if they
were used in the html zips, so the simplifications are
not a problem - even a good thing. And the binary is
much smaller than when I tried Infozip.

It's thanks to the ideas in the list discussion that
help now supports compression: I would never have
heard of ZLIB otherwise, and would probably have given
up on the idea of zipped help.

The new version of htmlhelp (1.0.3) is available at:
http://projects.freedos.net/htmlhelp

With Regards
Rob