On 2004-02-24, Aitor Santamaria Merino wrote:

> Most people doesn't know that this difference even exists, and get
> puzzled when they open binary data files with TYPE.
> This is my point, data is not separated (where perhaps it should).
> COUNTRY.SYS and KEYBOARD.SYS are (mostly, I seem to recall that
> Microsoft's KEYBOARD.SYS may contain even some embedded code) data,
> I'm sure that someone has tried out there to do
> DEVICE=COUNTRY.SYS
> in CONFIG.SYS :)

:-) Trivia: Not MS-DOS/PC DOS, but the DR-DOS 7.02+ COUNTRY.SYS file
actually has such a tiny code stub in order to avoid a system crash in
case someone tries this - it actually happened... All it does is display
the build info and exit safely.

Greetings,

 Matthias

--
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzs180/mpdokeng.html; http://mpaul.drdos.org

"Programs are poems for computers."