Hi,

I was wondering why we just have release candidates all the time now.
Is the current official FreeDOS still beta8 then?

It looks to me that a better naming would have been beta9rc1: beta9, ...
and then instead of beta9rc4 beta12.

There was a bit of confusion on my side when I understood that beta9rc3
would be equal to beta9 in September -- so I put up a
dosemu-freedos-b9-bin.tgz for use with DOSEMU. Now some people are
confused since the new tarball is called dosemu-freedos-b9r4-bin.tgz.

Just see it as "beta9, revision 4" and then I can explain it again however
:)

Bart