Hi, dosdosfsck-2.8-fat32 does work for FAT32 for me. The problem with
DOSFSCK for DOS in version 2.10 is that Imre did port the 2.8 -> 2.10
update but did not complete the disk I/O drivers yet, which is why I
think that 2.10 for DOS works worse than 2.8 for DOS but has more
potential (because it will have WRITE support - be able to fix errors).

About SCANDISK: Scandisk should be something with an interactive user
interface. DOSFSCK does have one. A GUI-like user interface would be
even better. SCANDISK should not call DOSFSCK as an external program.
I think by now it would be better if SCANDISK has the engine(s) compiled
in. I have no problem with "SCANDISK requires a 386 and if you use it
on FAT32 drives it might consume several MB of RAM" as long as users are
able to find out that they can use CHKDSK on older hardware (even though
they will be unable to check FAT32 that way).

LBACACHE is similar to SMARTDRV.SYS (which caches all int 13 drives, does
not normally provide delayed write caching, has a track buffer for read-
ahead and maybe for floppy write combining like in DR DOS NWCACHE and
uses XMS (preferred) or EMS). It is even better than that because it has
LBA support and a few other things. But it is clearly worse than MS DOS 6.xx
SMARTDRV,EXE which has full delayed write caching and can cache network
drives and non-int13 drives (because it caches int 25/26 based). On the other
hand, LBACACHE can cache all filesystems (e.g. FAT32) and has much less
complexity (SMARTDRV hooks many interrupt handlers, LBACACHE only hooks one).

As you know, I am happy that LBACACHE is not called SMARTDRV.
And I think it is appropriate that DOSFSCK is not called SCANDISK.

If you really care about the name, add to autoexec:
alias scandisk echo "No eye candy disk scanner available. Try DOSFSCK or CHKDSK"

Eric.