Hi Arkady and Tom (and thanks),

Arkady V.Belousov escribio':

ASM> As in my understanding what it's there is a fully qualified program name

    DOS doesn't places command name into PSP, only rest of command line.
Command name (executable name and path) starting from DOS 3.x you may find
after regular environment.

Oops, it seems you're right. For some reason I believed that DOS copied the commandline there (and the C RTLs obtained argv[] from there), but checking the PSP documentation it seems I am wrong...

tom ehlert escribio':

Hello Aitor,

ASM> Some time ago, it was mentioned that there is a bug in FreeCOM's
ASM> implementation of LOADHIGH (or in LH), by which, in my understanding, no
ASM> space was left in the commandline between the program name and the
ASM> parameters.
ASM> This revealed that I am assuming in DISPLAY that such spaces exist, thus
ASM> preventing DISPLAY from loading high as normal.

it's LH's bug to delete the leading space - and it's your bug to
assume one.
 LH DISPLAY/OPTION
will never have a space

Actually I have checked the code for parsing commandline that I wrote long ago, and it's not a wrong assumption... but a bug (a LOOPNE that should be a LOOPE). I have fixed it now, a release follows.

ASM> what is the separating character?
entirely up to you: ' ', '\t','*','/',...

In what concerns DISPLAY, as it seems to have that primitive syntax some commands have (KEYB itself is such a rarity), the ' ' will always be the separator...

ASM> As in my understanding what it's there is a fully qualified
ASM> program name (or perhaps exactly the way it was callled)
let printf() be your friend

Unfortunately, DISPLAY is pure assembly, and I didn't want to get into taking out a printf and messing with linking code placement... fortunately it was a bug so I didn't have to work much.

ASM> , then the
ASM> length is variable, I hope it doesn't mean that I have to explicitely
ASM> look for the "DISPLAY" pattern...
you have - in drivers.

Well, I think that unless FreeDOS kernel supports LFN one day, when it becomes a device driver I'll look for a blank as separator... ;-)

Aitor