Hi, while MS Win98 MEM could be called a "standard", I do not agree with:

>    b7ff    81920   DOS         system code
>    9fff    65536   DOS         system code

Those are video buffers - even if the MCBs mark them as excluded / system code
or similar, a note would definitely not hurt. For example:

b7ff 81920 DOS system (excluded area)

Especially the 9fff 64k sized area (well, MCB is at 9fff, but area is at
a000, which is confusing but again MS "sets the standard") could even be
recognized as a very particular area:

9fff 65536 DOS system (excluded: EGA/VGA video buffer)

or something like that.

>    b000     1024   COMMAND     environment
>    b041     6640   SHSUCDX     program
>    d09f   109808               free

Typical Bernd ;-). 100k free but still overloading the mono video buffer w/ UMBs...

>    0269     2048    EBDA        data area

Is it actually useful to move the EBDA there? As far as I remember it does
usually allocate memory by reducing the 40:13 value to something below 640.
Both locations are inside low DOS memory. Maybe relocation helps because
DOS can allocate in 16byte units while BIOS 40:13 uses 1024byte units?

Eric.