At 07:14 PM 4/20/2004 +0200, Bernd Blaauw wrote:
>Michael,
>
>how does that MAX work in HIMEM64?
>
>it keeps complaining about "/MAX:4000 ignored"
>
>I'm trying to reduce memory enough to not let the XMS-version of FreeCOM load in
>extended memory.
>
>DEVICE=A:\DRIVER\HIMEM64.EXE /MAX:4000
>;DEVICE=A:\DRIVER\EMM386.EXE X=A000-FFFF
>SHELL=A:\COMMAND.COM A:\ /E:1024 /D /P
>set path=a:\freedos
>
>also filedate is strange.
>FTP mentions 19-4, file mentions 19-4, but loading string mentions 18-4

MAX is an = and not a :, it follows the example of an EMM= memory amount as with
EMM386 (or INT15 with Microsoft HIMEM).  I think I posted it as a colon, which is
incorrect.

The file dates are for updated binary and ASM source, but the EMM386C.C source which
embeds a date wasn't changed, so the embedded date stayed the same.