I have a system which is currently running Win98. I am considering upgrading to FreeDOS if I can get
a CD burner. (I can say 'upgrading' with a perfectly straight face, because I have had enough head-
aches from Winblows to make me seriously consider this option). I have a few questions:
(Please tell me if I need to 'RTFM' to answer these questions, I'm still suffering from the influence of
Windoze).
I want to know if whether I can install from a floppy or if I have to burn the files on a CD & go from there.
Is the option to enter the BASIC environment still available?
How does FreeDOS handle errors (both syntax & logical) & exception messages?
What can be done to avoid program conflicts (especially the kind that results in lockups & crashing).
I probably have more questions, but I won't be able to think of them until after I've sent this email.
Any constructive response is appreciated. Thank you for your time.