On Sun, 30 May 2004, tom ehlert wrote:

> well it is.
> even the published suppl source is.
> unfortunately, it's incomplete; the available suppl.lib contains
> functions where the source doesn't exist on the net.
> see bug #1794

it does exist, it's just not at the obvious place. As far as I know the
suppl source (file suppls.zip) in the ISO is complete just like the one in
dosemu-freedos-sources.tgz (from www.dosemu.org/stable, a lot smaller than
the ISO). I know for sure since I recompiled the command.com distributed
with dosemu with a few custom patches.

See readme.1st in the above to get the library compiled quickly (not sure
by whom it was written, perhaps Jeremy, it's not in the .zip below -- see
below)

The "upstream" source for these is at:
ftp://ftp-fd.inf.fh-rhein-sieg.de/pub/freedos/local/ALPHA/suppl-2.7-pre-2002-07-30.zip

dfnfilename, for instance is in source\lib\suppl\DFNFNAM.C

Bart

readme.1st:

CD into lib\suppl\ and read compiler.txt

Basic Steps:
cd in lib\suppl\compiler\<your compiler, e.g. tc101>
copy *.* ..\..
cd ..\..
edit <your compiler config file, e.g. tcc.cfg>
compile all

Assuming all went well
[if it complained about some unknown option, re-edit the config file(s)]
you should have a library for each compiler memory model in the
current directory.  Copy the small (*_S.LIB) library and the
include files (..\..\include\*.*) to the SUPPL\ subdirectory of FreeCom.

copy *_S.LIB ..\..\..\freecom\suppl
copy ..\..\include\*.* ..\..\..\freecom\suppl
cd ..\..\freecom
build -r <options>