Hi!

22-Июн-2004 14:40 [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

>>    Ha! First, I don't know such (useful) programs, which use DMA and load
>>itself into "uppermost position" (LAST_FIT).
ase> Well, LBACACHE could eventually be a good candidate.

     Do you mean, that LBACACHE copies itself to (or allocates memory at)
end of MCB chain?! Bad behavior, it this is so. :( Anyway, reread my words
below:

>> Second, _if_ you use such
>>program, just don't pass A000 segment for EMM386, say something like I=A001.
ase> True, but do you have to do the same with MS-DOS? What about MS-DOS
ase> compatibility?

     (Q/MS)EMM386 joins A000 segment to base memory notwithstanding running
OS (and _now_, with my patch, FreeDOS not hangs, but gets same expanded base
memory). Which other "compatability" do you mean?

ase> Someone would complain that it isn't necessary to do that in MS-DOS.

     ? _Now_ behavior of FD is same as with MS-DOS (ie. it not hangs when
base memory size is more than 640k after loading some driver).

PS: My host OS is a MS-DOS and I permanently compare FreeDOS behavior with
MS-DOS whereas possible. For example, now FD menus look more like MS-DOS.