Hi!

27-Июн-2004 15:52 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (tom ehlert) wrote to "Arkady V.Belousov"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>> 5. MS-command.com places its (resized) segment with environment right after
>>    itself (original segment preserved not freed), FreeCOM places environment
>>    into UMB, but, as I understand, with LAST_FIT.
>> I think, (5) should be changed (LAST_FIT to BEST_FIT).
te> I think (5) should be NOT changed
te> (hint: what happens if you don't have UMB's)

     In this case memory will be allocated in the _best_ segment (shortest,
which may fit) or after command.com (as with MS-DOS), if there is no
fragmentation.