At 01:08 PM 7/8/2004 -0300, you wrote:
Hi Michael,

I would like to give you my opinion about the RAM option:

I USE IT !!! And I have two reasons to use it:

1) it is easy and works on any machine and then I can just leave it working and go home :)

If you are using RAM without any parameters, EMM386 should not behave any differently than if it didn't exist. Standard UMB area scan occurs whether RAM is there or not. Only the optional range with RAM makes a difference, changing the default scan area size. And if you know your non-default range that well, why not just I= include and X= exclude within it?

I still see scant evidence that RAM is anything but a weak option needed almost solely for minor MS-DOS compatibility sake. For compatibility reasons alone RAM should be in there, but not as a pressing issue. Same deal with HIGHSCAN and others. What makes the grade for adding to the option list right now, as a user-driven priority need?