On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:31:42 -0500, you wrote:

Hi Paul,

>Yes my laptop will read 1.68MB if I put in the floppy in the bay.

That means through the traditional FDD connector or BIOS, most of the
non-standard format was supported.

>I checked Sony's site for the drive (MPF82e) in question and could not
>find any updated firmware for it and the manual says it only supports
>720KB & 1440KB PC & Mac formats.  They do have a Win2K driver for it,
>but I nerver installed it since it reconnized it at my "B" floppy the
>first time I plugged it in.

Because M$ already include USB driver, but under these USB maybe the
floppy drive is not a floppy anymore, it just a removable device that
only have 'programmed' capacity.

But I wonder ... maybe some USB floppy CAN read these non-standard
format? If anyone have a USB floppy can you try and tell us the
result?

Last message I forgot to provide the hyperlink:

http://johnson.tmfc.net/freedos

Rgds,
Johnson.