Hi,

Kenneth J. Davis escribió:

It was more interesting to have ATAPICDD in NASM, but I am not sure if
the port has the same maturity as the original MASM/TASM version. At least
it helps to test patches for ATAPICDD that it can be compiled with free
compilers / assemblers. But you still need spare time for that :-(.

actually current ATAPICDD, which is now split into cdrom.sys &
ataspi.sys to separate the CD code from the IDE/ATAPI code uses
FASM.

Could you extend a little bit on this?
ATASPI for the ATAPI/ASPI layer and CDROM over it (which means I need to load two drivers, isn't it?), or
ATASPI for ASPI CD-ROM, and CD-ROM for ATAPI or...?
And in this case, CDROM will be the char device and ATASPI a TSR...?

Aitor