Hi,

Eric Auer escribió:
*integrate user-provided drivers in the freedos distribution, for
 example cdrom drivers or USB drivers (not yet possible to implement).

  Definitely not worth the effort, I think. Complex, not failsafe, and
  users who cannot EDIT their CONFIG SYS should better not use DOS anyway.
  Well, you cannot EDIT files on CD-ROM, but as said earlier, just let
  users exit to a PROMPT, tell them about PG load-those-drivers.txt which
  contains info about DEVLOAD, and let them run INSTALL BAT as soon as
  they either got the drivers running or got the CD contents pre-copied
  to some directory on harddisk in any way of their choice...

Time ago I had a thought at this, a simple pattern recognition on filename and then a list of lines to be added here and there. However I agree with Eric that hard (for example, after/before EMM matters).

*allow uninstallation of FreeDOS (not yet possible to implement)

There were two commands in MS-DOS related to this:
DELOLDOS
UNINSTALL

PS: How about adding NLSFUNC and the updated DISPLAY / MODE (not yet public)?

Working on penultimate versions of DISPLAY and KEYB already :)

Aitor