Hi,

Bernd Blaauw escribió:
Alain schreef:

I said not long ago that running windows on FreeDOS is not a real test, let me explain why: Windows at some point included some very complicated locking mechanism to *avoid* windows running other DOSes.

AARD is only on beta releases, as was mentioned several times.

well, Windows 3.x and DOS were separate products at the time.
DR-DOS can run Win3.x, so for FreeDOS it should be possible.

I am of this opinion, too.

I'm not saying that things should be programmed so that Win3.x actually runs. However, running Windows 3.xx error-free on FreeDOS would show that the FreeDOS components don't have a lot of critical bugs. ALSO it makes an old computer actually usable again (for win3.x applications, and in a legal way if you own only a win3.x license for the specific machine)

The thing is that Windows /S runs up-to-bugs. (Hopefully Windows 3.0
also runs in Real Mode).

Lotus was an important program, so there could be sometings in this allegation. But, will someone *use* Lotus in FreeDOS? I sincerely doubt.

if Lotus would be public domain, then maybe. Probably no-one is running DBASE either. Linux(, Windows) or ReactOS in combination with your wanted application type seem to be the way to go.

Just a small correction, you are probably talking of 1-2-3, the
spreadsheet+database+graphics.
Just remember that Lotus is the brand name. Talking of running "Lotus"
is as senseless as saying you are running the program named "Microsoft".

Aitor