Hi,

as I'm dealing with the dosemu-freedos package I went through the list of copyrights and found some inconsistencies, and one clarification. I looked at the lsm's on http://freedos.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/freedos-lsm.cgi?q=d&a=base
etc.

DEBUG
"Copying-policy Free / open source This program is copyrighted, but feel free to distribute and use it as you wish."

Looking into debug98.zip, debug.asm, this program uses the MIT license.
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php

COMP comp0103.zip
The lsm just says "Free / open source" which is vague. The .zip itself does not mention any copyright. Since it's written by the same author as debug should we ask him if it has the same license as debug? Or does anyone already know?

SHSUCDX
The lsm claims "free / open source copyright reserved, free use program"
The program itself (shsucdx) only claims "SHSUCDX is a copyright reserved, free use program." which is certainly NOT open source, because that means only use is free but not modifications. (AFAICS)

DU
The lsm claims "GPL" Neither the source du10s.zip nor the binary du10x.zip claim any copyright or license, which by default means "no modifications allowed" (!)

RERROR
http://freedos.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/freedos-lsm.cgi?q=f&a=util/rerror.lsm
says "Copying-policy        Free"
but the source code says:
 * Copyright 1995-2000 Dave Dunfield
 * All rights reserved.
 * Licensed for personal (non-commercial) use only.
(!)

Can anyone shine some light on these?
Bart