>>      Looks like this change wasn't tested.
> It looks like Eric has magic powers to produce .zip files anyway!

actually i do not use makefiles or batchfiles to create zip files.

but i have a question about the cvs kernels: which branch are you
working on? 2037 unstable or 2036 head? do you have suggestions
for 2037-fixes to be backported to 2036? note that 2037 differs
a lot from head and that it has some known bugs. said that several
times, but never got a real reply, nor did i hear of any fix...

my own copy of 2036 differs in some aspects from the cvs version,
as i failed to upload a few files to cvs... if the config.c
version=... fix and the serial.asm improvements are already in
cvs and in 2036test, then the remaining missing parts in cvs are:

---snip---
changes since 21 may 2006 are not documented yet...
those are a readme.CVS(?), a FATTAB.C fix (as 2036test
thinks that files end early in some fat32 environments),
a MEMMGR.C fix (for compatibility with some MS Basic
runtime which insists on being able to do double-free),
another intfns.txt update, and this week a FATDIR.C fix
which allows some old game to get a directory listing:
without the fix, it only sees the volume label.
---snap---

eric