Hi!

28-Мар-2007 23:52 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Oleg O. Chukaev) wrote to
freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net:

>>Norton's 'graphical' fonts are standard BIOS fonts (using no
>>special fonts at all)
OOC> Norton Utilities, at least versions 7 and 8, use _own_ `graphical'
OOC> fonts, not the BIOS fonts. If you are right and these fonts are really
OOC> BIOS fonts, may you describe how to use these fonts in my programs?

     For this, NU redefines shape (through BIOS functions) for pseudograhic
symbols. Same for "text-graphic mouse curosr": program redefines four
character shapes around cursor, thus you _feel_ like this cursor moves
pixel-by-pixel.

     There was a lot of such libraries. For example, Alex Zimarev (ACD
Group, F-Bit) was wrote rewrite TV for pascal, so it look like NU. Also,
there was separate libraries. For example, Dave Kirsch was wrote "Turbo and
Microsoft C Mouse Routines", which "The routines have the added feature of
displaying a 'true' mouse cursor in text mode on an EGA or VGA by
reprograming the font on the fly".

     All of this comptible with preloaded fonts. Ie., if currently loaded
cyrillic characters, you may continue to see cyrillic text.