Pardon my jumping in, but last year I've encountered this at least once
- back then I didn't have time to test it nor track it down (I received
this error message as part of a customer bug report), and in the
meantime I'm no longer working on that project... But this is definitely
interesting. :)

Andre

Eric Auer schrieb:

> Having more than 64k heads or sectors-per-track is just
> a sign of implausible extended geometries. The real limit
> tested for is 2 Terabyte (more than 4 G total sectors)...
> However, maybe the fallback is to use CHS if the LBA data
> is implausible - then you can indeed only use 8 GB...?

[...]