Hello Robert,

2007/5/2, Robert Riebisch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Aitor Santamaría wrote:
>
> > Being used to BC, I'm experimenting with OpenWatcom, and before
>
> What OW version?
> What memory model?

Watcom 1.6, model Large.

> > Apparently, OW doesn't seem to like when I do use it's own MK_FP
> > (which is the same as in kernel's portab.h, with :> ) and I do, for
> > example
> >
> > char far *myvar = MK_FP(0x40,0x55);
> >
> > the error is:
> >
> > Error! E1054: Expression must be constant
>
> Did you try something like this?
> ***
> #include <i86.h>

Yes, this header is already included. So that's why I have tried to
undef and redefine it the way I wrote.

> Maybe you can use this.
> ***
> #include <i86.h>
>
> void main()
> {
>    char far *myvar = MK_FP(0x40, 0x55);
> }
> ***

The problem appears both as a global or as a local var of a function.

> see http://www.ousob.com/ng/wclr/ngfcefb.php

Thanks, however it doesn't help much, as in this example the MK_FP
appears as an *assignation*, and not as an *initialisation*, as I'd
wish.

Aitor