On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Robert Riebisch <r...@bttr-software.de> wrote:
> Robert Riebisch wrote:
>
>>> You only need a sourceforge-account! No extra Wiki account necessary.
>>
>> I have an SF.net account, of course, but it didn't work in the past. Now
>> it works. Thanks! :-)
>
> Now I know why:
> https://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/freedos/index.php?title=Special:Log/rights

Yes, I sent you an email on this when I confirmed your wiki account.

I had asked the SF guys how I could configure the FreeDOS wiki to
allow edits from anyone. I thought I had set up our wiki config to
allow it, but it obviously wasn't working that way, since you &
Florian had to be "enabled" for the wiki. Their response was "no",
that they didn't allow project wikis to do that, to protect the wikis
from getting spammed. It's blocked at a "system" level.

So for now, if someone wants to edit the FreeDOS wiki, you'll have to
create an account for yourself in the wiki (I think it does this
automatically if you try to sign in) then an admin will have to
confirm your account as a wiki "Editor".

I've raised this as an enhancement request to allow anyone with an SF
login to edit the wiki, without an admin having to confirm them as an
editor.

-jh