>    I'm thinking that I can perfectly get an interrupt, without having to
> reserve one. That is, a function under AMIS could tell the driver to get
> hooked at a certain interrupt chosen by the caller. This would be more
> comfortable for the high-level programmer than having to call an
> absolute address.

No. It might be more comfortable for a low-level (i.e., Assembly)
programmer. It doesn't make a difference in high-level languages. Also,
the caller would have to find a free interrupt at run time, which might
create new problems.

>    When I said "already multiplexed", I meant that my driver is itself a
> multiplexed system, because it can load and unload modules and manage
> their functions.

Okay.

> The modules are not TSRs that have to load on top and create a chain,
> but instead, are dynamic

Which is different from TSRs in what way? TSRs don't have to be restricted
to load in a specified order.

> and are called in parallel.

Do you mean they're called in the background? What does "parallel" mean
here?

> Their codes are never executed unless a specific function is invoked and
> the modules only remain in memory while in use.

So you have to load them from the disk when they're requested? I don't
object to this approach generally, but keep in mind that loading files
must happen in the foreground.

>    Anyway, I don't think that is necessary. The reason is that old DOS
> applications that use sound can be divided in games and non-games:
> oldest games are the ones that do not use 3rd party drivers, but the
> easiest to modify and most support PC speaker anyway.

If the game supports SB or AdLib sound, the PC speaker output won't be as
good as the SB/AdLib one.

About patching old games: Maybe you're right about this and it'll work for
most games. Either way, I'm looking forward to an implementation of this
architecture.

Regards,
Christian