Next I went looking through the config files.

Here I found the first problem.

There is a tool called "blackout" called repeatedly. I tried

HELP BLACKOUT

 - not known.

I tried

BLACKOUT

 - hung the PC. Ctrl-C didn't work, not Esc, not Ctrl-Break. Nothing quit it.

Reboot.

Try:

BLACKOUT /?

Hung PC. Reboot.

Try:

BLACKOUT /h

Hung PC. Reboot.

If you include a command in the load sequence, it needs some help and
it needs to understand the "standard" DOS switches that explain what
it does. Other programs in the default config were undocumented, such
as PERUSE - it does have help but I have no idea what it does. I am
not happy to have unknown programs of unknown purpose that are not
mentioned in the help in my default configuration files. I removed
them.

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lpro...@gmail.com
MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508