On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 3:25 AM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>   Just curious, does anybody know of a C compiler that actually
> supports a *functional* locale.h ?? It doesn't seem like most (if any)
> barely support it, if at all. Kinda strange since it's a "requirement"
> for ANSI C (1989), esp. since the DOS support is presumably there
> (COUNTRY.SYS + NLSFUNC). It just seems weird to be missing pretty much
> everywhere. (I don't expect full C94 / NA1 's wchar_t, wcs*, etc.,
> just wondering why it's not more widely supported in DOS.)

Hi Rugxulo,

It sounds interesting. Multi-lingual support provided by the OS platform was
really something that I have used on Windows and Linux, but I never used it
on MS-DOS or FreeDOS. I knew there are country.sys in MS-DOS and code page
support (even there is a Simplified Chinese version of MS-DOS 6.22), but I
don't know how to use them in programs. Is locale.h functional in Microsoft
compilers?

Best regards,

Robbie (Decheng) Fan