At 03:26 PM 12/22/2011, James Hall wrote:
>I think it's pretty cool to see vendors including FreeDOS as a
>pre-installed operating system option. Unfortunately, I think many
>vendors (and users, probably) view FreeDOS as the equivalent of "naked
>PC", with the intention of installing something else after purchase.
>
>I knew that Dell and HP had FreeDOS as operating system options, but I
>didn't realize Lenovo did this as well. Interesting. Thanks for
>sharing!

A lot of manufacturers do this simply due to the fact that Microsoft
gives them favorable prices for Windows (less than <$50 a pop instead
of the retail price of +$160) if they do not sell a PC "without" OS
and they also can not sell Linux on the same models. So FreeDOS is a
convenient loophole, nothing else. None of the vendors will support
any question regarding FreeDOS, whatsoever.

Ralf