Dear All,

1) FYI, following up to RugXulo's suggestion, I've checked latest binary
kernel 2041 has no change with respect to the EBDA+UMB bug we have been
discussing.

May I suggest someone with access to Bart and other persons directly involved
in Kernel development ping one of them, referring to this list ?

2) Noticed a "typo" in Kernel documentation (config.txt) where it says
kilobytes instead of bytes in the description of switches=/E.
As if this was not confusing people enough   !

3) I've checked my understanding of the bug is correct, actually I can "repair"
the Kernel's mess "manually" adjusting one MCB and one internal variable in
"sysvars" (list of list) after (J)EMM's is loaded, then let the system load
normally.

Indeed I could easily build a device driver that one would have to load /after/
the UMB provider to fix the Kernel's bug - but that would be a stretch - how
confused would users be !

Good week-end everybody, cheers

--
Czerno