Hi guys,

Unlike MS-DOS proper, FreeDOS comes with custom configuration files to optimize for different things, I have my personal opinion on this, but I digress. Given that the user may have modified the configuration files and there is no easy way to merge the changes of a vanilla FreeDOS config to a custom end user config, I would suggest maintaining the users configuration files.

I agree; I'd really hate such a situation. Replacing configuration files should be an installation option, like "reset to default/factory settings". I'm not sure whether this option should be enabled or disabled by default; rather disabled.

Joe
--
KOVÁCS Balázs aka Joe Forster/STA; s...@c64.rulez.org; http://sta.c64.org
Don't E-mail spam, HTML or uncompressed files! More contacts on homepage