mTCP won't be the problem - it is already 16 bit.

The problem is that FDNPKG is designed with a 32 bit address space as a
base assumption.  The data structures are being stored in memory and there
is an assumption that the size of the data structures will be quite large.

I've discussed this with Mateusz before.  While it is possible to have a
package manager work as a 16 bit application, it is going to require
changing the algorithms and data structures that are used.  This is not
just a simple port from one environment to another; parts of it require
redesign and re-implementation.

It is certainly doable.  But it's not a straightforward porting project.