Hi again,

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:
>>
>> > Regarding LTOOLS quality: This thing is ancient and of course it supports
>> > only ext2, not ext3 or ext4.

Has anyone actually tested it recently? I haven't, but IIRC it never
worked right anyways, at least not on this machine. I'm only blindly
guessing, but perhaps the compiler wasn't up to snuff regarding 64-bit
numbers for larger hard drives?

https://web.archive.org/web/20071018170111/http://www.it.fht-esslingen.de/~zimmerma/software/ltools.html

> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ext2 might be harder to support, but at least it wouldn't go near the
>> stupid proprietary hell-fire.
>
> I would love to see ext2/3/4 support in FreeDOS. This would be a great idea.

I found a 2009-ish port of ext2tools to DJGPP, but it may? be
incomplete (has a few nits compiling, doesn't actually work, ugh).
"e2part 128" just lists all my partitions as "Unknown", so of course
"e2ls -l /" doesn't seem to work either (no matter how many env. var.
settings I fiddle with).

https://github.com/mmeeks/ext2tools

If anyone rebuilds or tests this, I would appreciate hearing about it
(even if it's clearly over my head).