On 23/11/2015 20:53, Jerome E. Shidel Jr. wrote:
>> FDNPKG v0.99.3 fixes this issue.
>
> So, is it going to be fixed in FDINST?

It is fixed, FDINST uses FDNPKG. Any fix inside FDNPKG's core applies
also to FDINST, too. Sorry if that was unclear.

> End result, any attempt to use attrib will cause system lockup/crash. Because,
> only the first 180 bytes of the 5k binary are present on the drive.

The exit code to use for each situation is a discutable matter. The fact
that FDNPKG/FDINST can potentially leave corrupted files if something
goes south is not - I totally agree this shouldn't happen. If a file
fails to be extracted, FDNPKG should try to remove it (of course if this
fails too, then there's not much else to do).

My point is only that there is no tangible advantage to consider a
package installation to be atomic - ie. "if one file fails, then
rollback the installation of the entire package". A special-case exit
code for this specific situation might be nice though, for indicating to
automated scripts that "it worked, kind of, but with warnings".

Mateusz