Hi,

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Jerome E. Shidel Jr. <jer...@shidel.net> wrote:

> This is the list of the ALL package list for the FDI installer.
>
> Please let me know if I should anything else or remove something.
>
> Also, V8Power Tools is also installed when ALL is selected.
>
> This list includes all packages in the BASE. I just did not include them here
> shorten the list.
>
> ; The remaining packages are only installed when ALL is chosen.
> net\mtcp

> util\4dos

(I know some people can't live without this. I just hate the idea that
it somehow taints the whole bunch due to ambiguous license.)

> util\doslfn

Which version? 0.41c?

> util\fdnpkg

Presumably latest here? (0.99.4 "<8 hours ago", according to SF.net page)

> util\memtest

Uh, you mean Eric's old patched version? Version??

> util\bootfix
> util\shsufdrv

BTW, the licensing is slightly ambiguous here (IMO), but Jason Hood
told me that it's "zlib".

> util\cwsdpmi

Please make sure r7 only (although including both r5 2008 and r7
wouldn't be the worst idea, but I seriously don't know of any obvious
reason to do that).

> archiver\zip

2.32? (I still don't know why we never "officially" had 3.00, not that
it majorly matters.)

> archiver\unzip

6.00?

> ; Some packages I would like to see in ALL.
> util\grep

Xgrep? (No LFNs, no *nix globbing, but it's very small!)

http://freedos.sourceforge.net/software/?prog=xgrep

> archiver\tar

Which? ("UTIL" does include an ancient 16-bit one.)

http://freedos.sourceforge.net/software/?prog=tar

> archiver\gzip

Which? (I'm assuming only the old 16-bit one and not the 386+ DJGPP build.)

http://freedos.sourceforge.net/software/?prog=gzip

> archiver\bz2

(386+ DJGPP only)

http://freedos.sourceforge.net/software/?prog=bzip2

> devel\nasm

Which? Latest is 2.11.08.

http://freedos.sourceforge.net/software/?prog=nasm
http://www.nasm.us/

> devel\fpc

3.0.0 was released recently, but there is no "package" for it yet. It
would be quite large (which is annoying), but perhaps LZMA (which
Mateusz dislikes) would mitigate that.

> net\wget

Michael Kostylev made a (slightly) newer version semi-recently, but I
have no idea if he included all patches or not (as things like that
are a pain to rebuild). So I'm not honestly sure if 1.11 is that much
worse than 1.12 (and certainly the latter is much larger). (He also
rebuilt Curl, but I have the same worries. I may just mirror them to
iBiblio anyways, lacking any direct proof of error.)

http://www.bttr-software.de/forum/board_entry.php?id=14569

> net\rsync

Dunno if that's even available, can't remember, never tried it. EDIT:
Here's what we seem to have (but it's not officially listed under
"NET", apparently):

https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/net/rsync/