Hi Maarten,

Thank you for your time. The packaging work is pretty straigh-forward -
it's simply "look at what packages we have, and see if any newer
versions are available and/or if any other interesting and useful
software could be added".

All packages are here:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.1/repos/

The "listing.txt" file will show you the exact list of packages, as well
as their respective versions. Then, it's much searching around the
internet/ibiblio/other to find out "what is the latest version of
software xyz" - and if the one in the repo is outdated, creating a new
package.

 From the top of my head, I now that these packages badly need a refresh:
  - DJGPP
  - FreeBASIC
  - FreePascal
  - Frotz

But surely there are many more.

Here is a short article that explains what a "package" is, and how it
should be done:
http://freedos.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Package

Finally, about the bootable CD work - it's at the same place, ie:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.1/repos/

The "all_cd.iso" file is the bootable CD I used so far. It would need
Jerome's installer to be integrated, and, well, much testing. The
bootable floppy image used to boot the CD is here:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.1/repos/cdroot/boot.img

cheers,
Mateusz