Van: Jose Antonio Senna
Verzonden: donderdag 18 februari 2016 00:28
Aan: Freedos Developers
Onderwerp: [Freedos-devel] GUI shell

Maarten Vermeulen said:

> It�s not really about FreeDOS� but it has something to do
>with it. :)
> I thought that maybe if you all like the idea, I could make
>a GUI shell.

  I, too, do not care much for a GUI shell.

  I think instead that it would be much better if someone
wrote a graphics API for DOS (something like Windows GDI)
that could be loaded as a TSR and used by programs that need
graphics, for one weakness of DOS is that every program that
displays graphics (CAD, image viewers, drafting) has to
provide its own functions to do so.

  However, the decision is Maarten's, for it is him who
 offered to do the work.

  JAS