Hi sparky4,

> .... this is most annoying i cannot do my usual file transfer with the
> freedos 1.2 unzip! gah!! why!?

The 16 bit unzip is probably quite limited in performance
and the range of files which it can unzip, but that is only
a guess... I do wonder how you installed FreeDOS 1.2 on a
286 or 8086, does that not require a boot CD or USB stick
to install from?

Luckily even for older-than-386 we have package managers, so
it would probably be a good idea to mention in the 1.2 unzip
package that older-than-386 users will want unzip16 instead?

Regards, Eric