Hi everybody, bad news about our bug and feature request tracking!

I found this mail from 24 Aug 2016 and the ONLY item which officially
got fixed by now is the spelling of Pat's name. I hope that several
of the bugs and requests did get fixed and people just failed to
update the tickets. If you have time, please check the tickets and
either add a note that the bug still is there or that it has been
fixed, if you can confirm either situation. Thank you!

Regards, Eric

Hi everybody, it seems that tickets on sourceforge easily get
forgotten (to be honest, I also check only email, not websites).

So here is a list of tickets for which I believe that they can
get updated, closed or whatever. Please comment and update :-)

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/153/ crash at dir change
(may 2016) probably general emm386 versus disk fail, file there

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/151/ sys seems to fail to
update the boot sector or mbr (?) (may 2016)

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/147/ interlnk failure
(feb 2016) tom lists a patch, where in the pipeline is the patch?

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/143/ boot failure on 286
totally lacks details, hangs at "freedos123", maybe 386 kernel?
the ticket is basically worthless in the current form

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/142/ mode stop=2 failure
rugxulo commented on the ticket but fails to link the fixed mode

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/106/ ludivmul.inc issue
vaguely remember the 2013 discussion, but what was the conclusion??

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/97/ boot sector crash instead
of message if kernel not found, c. masloch offers a patch here...

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/96/ edit 0.9a right alt versus
alt gr issue, apparently forgotten since 2014, reported 2012?

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/92/ welcome screen of distro
mis-spells pasquale villani as pasqualle...

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/88/ set /p fails to close pipe,
leading to creative sources of problems :-p

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/79/ something about kernel
and shell version names being confusing...

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/63/ some interesting but totally
forgotten xms related lbacache failure on via c7 cpu, unlikely to be
ever looked at unless somebody has a via c7 to test...

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/60/ usb boot failure with way
too little details in 2010, i suggest to drop that ticket as invalid

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/57/ some 2010 lbacache stack
nesting problem on t61 and x61 laptops, anonymous reporter so unlikely
to ever get investigated, drop ticket?

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/55/ sys fails to update the
fat32 BACKUP boot sector, has that been fixed between 2010 and now?

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/45/ confusion about whether
C: is your boot USB stick or your harddisk, very weak description!

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/44/ kernel 2039 fat32 cross
linkage issue with discussion of a patch for 2040, any news here??

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/31/ kernel 2038 int 24 issue
with plenty of details, but unclear if kernel bug or just app bug?

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/29/ discussion whether xcopy
should copy timestamps while copying and under which conditions...

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/3/ ctmouse in freedos 1.0 distro
fails with bochs or qemu but "believed to be fixed in 2.1 beta 4 of
july 2008", any current bochs or qemu comments about that??

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/bugs/4/ int 21.5a, then 21.3c leads
to dead cluster chain while ms dos seems to handle this hack better??
(yes this was from 2008 / 2009 but i have no idea what we did then!)

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/feature-requests/63/ WISH 2.88 mb
floppy image (answer: rugxulo has one and i probably have a copy!)

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/feature-requests/62/ duplicate of #63

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/feature-requests/61/ WISH live CD
we probably made one since 2012, or not?

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/feature-requests/56/ WISH boot USB
the current distro edition is offered as USB image as far as i know!

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/feature-requests/55/ WISH greek i18n
basically greek font/keyb are supported but most translations absent?

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/feature-requests/52/ WISH edit window
tiling... sounds like something that edit can probably already do now?

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/feature-requests/41/ WISH boot sector
should treat bad cluster same as last cluster - at least some of our
boot sectors already do this, check the sources and close the ticket?

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/feature-requests/40/ WISH 64k (floppy)
DMA boundary wrap trap int13 handler inside the kernel, seems rejected?
Note that this ticket also features a workaround TSR "lowdmaplus" ;-)
(website gone but file also provided along with ticket on sourceforge)

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/feature-requests/38/ WISH Euphoria
programming language support, 2007, totally forgotten after 2011??

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/feature-requests/15/ WISH network
printing or rather dosemu printing, discuss in dosemu group instead!

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/feature-requests/12/ WISH usb drive
support, 2003 to 2004, mention now existing usb drivers and bios usb
legacy support and close that ticket if you ask me.

https://sourceforge.net/p/freedos/feature-requests/7/ WISH usb printer
joystick serial device support, basically solved by Bret's drivers :-)

Thanks for updating and closing all those tickets before they collect
even more virtual dust and make our sourceforge page too depressing ;-)

Cheers, Eric