Hi Jim,

Thanks for sharing the results.

On a personal note, a couple questions really just didn’t work for me. But, I’m
an exception and I suspect some others here in the Devel group are as well. But
for the general public, the questions were mostly fine. Us exceptions may be
(at least in part) a reason for some of the strangeness in the results.

So for fun, I’m going to answer them here and put some comments in on why they
don’t work for me.

> 1. What do you use FreeDOS for?

Devel, testing and a maybe when I someday find time a little gaming.

> 2. How do you run FreeDOS?

Hmmm. How about I answer mostly yes?
On Pre & Post 2K machines and VMs. I don’t currently own any 20/21 machines.

> 3. Does FreeDOS share the same hardware with another system?

Ummm, Can I answer as Yes, No and sometimes?

Recently put together a retro-pc using my Pentium Pro and other hardware I had
laying around. All mid-90’s hardware. This machine multi-boots FreeDOS, MS-DOS
(6.22), PC-DOS (7.0 7.01 and 7.1), and Win98SE (for a couple Windows Games).
Eventually, it will get DR-DOS, OpenDOS and maybe a couple other things like
SuSE Linux and Caldera.

Then there is a Early 2000’s battleship sized Toshiba laptop, dual booting
FreeDOS and OpenSuSE.

Then there is a Mid 2000’s Acer Netbook that only has FreeDOS on it.

Then there is DOSBox, VirtualBox and VMware instances on a MacBook Pro.

Then I’ve booted it in QEMU, under Linux in the Cloud on modern server hardware.

Then……..

> 4. What is your level of DOS experience?

Lots. :-)

———

My biggest issue was with question 3. I just could pick one of those single
radio buttons. I left it blank.

I’m an exception not the rule. I think it was fine for most users.

:-)

Jerome