Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2021 at 6:35 PM
From: "tom ehlert" <t...@drivesnapshot.de>
To: "Technical discussion and questions for FreeDOS developers." <freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Freedos-devel] FreeDOS 1.3-RC5
Hallo Herr thraex,

am Donnerstag, 9. Dezember 2021 um 14:55 schrieben Sie:
> I gave it a quick try in VirtualBox
thanks for testing

> * In VirtualBox the network seems to be automagically detected, which is
> *great*. But when I try to use say FDNET, I get a packet driver error
> and it can't establish a connection.

'I get a packet driver error' is pretty useless for diagnosis.
I'm fairly certain there is more detail available for this concrete
error message.

Why don't you people spend the minimal effort to report the
EXACT ERROR that you get? even when many (modern?) error messages are
not helpful, some are. And it saves a full email round trip if you
tell us the error message on first contact.

Tom